Second Post of the Day
Here are some updates/things that don't fit in with other blog posts. But since this blog functions as my journal, I wanted to make sure they are included.
Molly - An Update on Her Biopsy
Two weeks ago Molly had four punch biopsies and a small slice of her right ear removed. She'd been dealing with a black, scabby something around her face, eyes, and ears for months and nothing has made it any better.
The results are in and poor sweet Mama has doggy MRSA, a very bad antibiotic resistant infection. Histology could not rule out other underlying causes because her skin was so badly inflamed they could not get a good read on it.
She has started two very strong antibiotics and she should begin healing within four weeks. We are hopeful that this will cure her.
Blue's Healing
Blue did well on the trip home to Iowa despite her injury from that husky in the dog park this past weekend. She's an active dog and really wants to get outside and run again, but she still needs to stay quiet until her chest wound heals.
Todd is staying home with Blue and Rhett while Sarah and Craig traipse across the western National Parks, and he reports that Blue is going stir crazy and wants to wrestle and run nonstop. She has to stay quiet until Sunday - no doubt she will explode with energy when she is finally free of her restrictions.
Boompa & Sarah Storm the West
(I didn't name the trip; Hawkeye Sarah did. Typical Sarah!)
Yesterday was spent traveling and then visiting the Grand Tetons.
Sarah has been there many times and knows some of the best places to go to find bears. Craig said they saw a lot of elk, bison, moose, and a mama bear and cub.
I'm a midwestern flatlander and dislike heights, but the Tetons sure are beautiful.Today they are meeting JC and Jaycie in Yellowstone at Old Faithful then they plan to drive together around the park.
Sarah has followed Grizzly 399 for years and photographed her several times, so she knows where to look for her. She took these two photos in April, 2021.
I hope Craig gets to see her; she is a remarkable bear. (He said Sarah gave him his own personal can of bear spray and a primer on how to use it. Yeesh!)
BreyerFest Update
Breyer is currently doing a lot of promotion for the virtual BreyerFest option.
I was happy and honored to see that my workshop was selected to be included in their advertising.
Already counting down the days until BreyerFest begins!
I think that updates everything that I want to remember. If I find something else, maybe I'll do a third post of the day! Hah!
So glad you were able to get a diagnosis for Molly; hopefully the antibiotics do their job!
ReplyDeleteWe were, too! And she is improving already! Fingers crossed!
ReplyDelete