Second Post of the Day
I have been stalking Breyer's site since November 27, the date of their second Black Friday sale. Why? Well, I've been checking my account and waiting to see if the model I supposedly got during that sale actually made it to me.
It did! Yesterday, Tahoe showed up at my home. And he is gorgeous and on a modern mold that I like a lot.
But honestly, until I had him in hand, I was not sure I would receive him. I was online and logged in when the sale went live, I saw him, put him in my cart, and paid as fast as my fingers could go. I even got an order confirmation.
But would I really get him? Or was someone faster than me? There were only a couple of Tahoes available; what were the odds that I'd really gotten him?
After all, in the first Black Friday sale, I'd had Robin and Nestling in my cart and was paying for them when they suddenly disappeared and were gone. Would that be the case with Tahoe?
Suddenly the order notice on my personal Breyer account changed to this:
That wasn't a good sign. Neither was the long, two week wait without any shipping notice or communication from Breyer.
I finally emailed Breyer asking about my order, but I never received a reply.
Finally a shipping notice arrived for the order, although on my Breyer account Tahoe's status remained Sold Out, unfulfilled, and with no tracking number. I could only wait and hope.
The box arrived yesterday afternoon. It was the right size for a Hamilton; could it really be?
YES!! It was!
Honestly, I am still surprised that I actually got him. I can only guess that the Goldilocks effect was in place and that my timing was just right during the Black Friday sale.
Whatever it was, I am thankful to add this lovely piece to my Hamilton conga.






Oh Lynn! What a gorgeous addition to your collection. Congratulations on getting one of the few available and even more congratulations that he actually arrived.
ReplyDeleteI am so glad that you got Tahoe! I love the Hamilton mold and he is gorgeous in that color!
ReplyDeleteYour experience in how you got him, however, does not encourage me to ever want to participate in these events!! I don't mean this to sound like a bad thing--just that I'm not fond of cart snatching!!
I guess I just don't understand why people don't buy the model when it's available to everyone--mostly they complain about why they won't buy and then are shocked when they've changed their minds and can't get one!! People are puzzling!!
At the moment there are 4 Tahoes for sale on MHC and twelve on eBay, with varying degrees of astronomical prices. It's been 2 years since his release. I'm frankly astounded Breyer had any left.
ReplyDeleteWhoa!!! Congratulations! It was crazy how fast those few models sold. I’m so glad you got him, and have him in hand!
ReplyDelete