Second Post of the Day
I'm up early every day so why is it, when you HAVE to get up early, you are dragging yourself out of bed and struggling to open your eyes?
Maybe that's why this day-glo, six piece painting was in the hospital lounge.
Each surgical patient's prep room had a painting of an animal like this, but we got the horses!
Teacher Daughter Lisa's surgery went well, but I was glad I had brought my Kindle.While the surgery was done on an outpatient basis,
we ended up being there for seven hours before going home. Needless to say, I got a lot of reading done.
Lisa has had several gall bladder attacks recently, including the one I wrote about that happened on Thanksgiving, but because she's also had pneumonia, it was too risky to do the surgery. Finally her lungs were clear enough that it was safe to remove her gall bladder.
I brought her home mid afternoon and stayed with her into the evening to be sure she would be okay on her own overnight.
She has texted Craig and me this morning and is doing really well. Her pain is under control and she is up and around. We will go over soon and walk the dogs and do anything else she needs.
In the meantime, I had a disaster on the Christmas stocking sewing.
This is a screenshot of the fabric I ordered for Frank's stocking. (Lisa's boyfriend.)
In fact, that's just what I thought had happened. I checked my sewing table, storage tub, and the table for finished sewing pieces, trying to find the source before any other fabric was damaged, but there were no dirt or ink spills anywhere.
Checking the fabric again, I saw that the entire yard I'd bought looked like spilled ink. I've seen enough fabric, both hand blocked as well as commercially printed, to know a mistake when I see one. This was a big printing error, possibly at the end of the printing process for that bolt of fabric.
I ended up throwing it all out.
Fortunately, I had this nice sleigh ride fabric in my stash and it is making up well into a stocking.
Today's plan is to put the trim and the loop hangers onto the new stockings and then spend another couple of hours wrapping gifts that have arrived. And, of course, we will go over and check on Lisa, Nash, and Mama.
Christmas is getting close!



Yay for Lisa! Three of my family members have had their gall bladders removed, and are much more comfortable now, but they do need to be careful of what they eat. Here's to a speedy recovery!
ReplyDeleteSo glad Lisa's surgery went well. Prayers and good thoughts for a speedy recovery.
ReplyDeleteAs for the ruined fabric, I may have contacted the company to let them know about the printing/ink issue and give them a chance to make it right. I know it won't help you with what you were planning on making right now (and the replacement stocking IS lovely) but they should be made aware.
Healing thoughts and prayers for Lisa, May she recover swiftly! My husband had his gall bladder out in 2016. It went well, and he's so much more comfortable now. // I understand keeping to one's standards for quality materials. Frank is one lucky guy!
ReplyDeleteI'm happy to hear that Lisa's surgery went well. Having been in the same situation, I know how much better she will feel once she's healed. And of course she had a horse in her waiting area 🙂. Breyer has done really well with this years Advent calendar. I agree on the Pegasus !!! Get it !
ReplyDelete