I have not yet chatted with Ellen - as much as she has on her plate, this is not the time. A card is headed her way and then later I will check in on her.
In the meantime, Steff Bodamer is the liaison between Ellen and her hobby friends, and I have talked with her. She says Ellen has a place to stay temporarily and that a restoration firm is helping to sort and clean what is still usable. For the most part, the house is still structurally sound so it won't need to be torn down.
Ellen's collection has been packed up and taken to the company's warehouse where it will be cleaned later. She is hanging in there, but there is a lot ahead for her and Matt to do before life resumes some semblance of normalcy.
Steff shared some of Ellen's photos on social media, and with her permission, I share them here.
Brownie, my very first model horse. Santa brought him to me in 1963 when I was 6 years old. He's well loved and while I could have him restored, all those breaks were carefully glued by my father over the years and represent his love for me.






I can't even imagine how stressful and how much work that would be. I don't think I've ever had more than about 50 models in my life, and that includes bodies and miscellaneous stablemates and random horse-shaped items. It must be paralyzing.
ReplyDeleteAs tragic as this is, it looks much better than I had anticipated. I had imagined just blobs on the floor. So, so thankful that there were no injuries or worse 💕
ReplyDeletePoor Ellen - what rotten timing with Los Angeles. I agree with Kat; when I saw the pictures, my first thought was that most of the horses/cats/models looked recoverable. Still, a lot of time and effort will be needed.
ReplyDelete