Second Post of the Day
For several weeks, filming this summer's BreyerFest virtual seminar has been planned for yesterday. Lisa was going to drop by after school and film me teaching.
Well, we all know what can happen to plans, right?
I was ready to go.
The sewing machine and sewing tools I would need were in place. (Much more neatly than they usually are when I am sewing, haha!)
I knew I would be doing some standing and walking back and forth as we filmed, but I rarely use my walker in the house so I gathered most of the things I might want to use to minimize that:
an assortment of models to use to demonstrate the show drape,
Finally, I'd set up a display area with those things close to hand, changed into the clothes I wanted to wear, slicked on some mascara and fixed my hair, and was ready.
It just took one water heater that refused to heat to upend all those plans and preparation. Lisa's water heater, not ours.
I have a lot to do right now, so the delay is upending those other plans. Today I'd planned to process the film clips and then send them on to Mountain Mama Jessica who compiles the final film for me. I was going to begin packing models for Indy Blooms which is this coming Saturday. And there's an 18th century bedgown cut out and prepped to stitch.
Lisa insists that we try again tonight despite the fact that she has no hot water. I lost the argument when I told her I could wait another day. Having filmed these virtual seminars for me before, she understands the process and knows that we need to get it done soon so that I can send it to Breyer on time. I appreciate her thoughtfulness, but...
Stay 'tooned.

No comments:
Post a Comment