Second Post of the Day
I just learned a rather humorous lesson:
Never assume that just because other sewing vendors sell their twill tapes on 25 yard spools, that ALL sewing vendors do.
This is a 25 yard spool of bias tape. This size of spool is overwhelmingly common at living history events when buying twill tapes, decorative trims, ribbons, and bias tapes.
So, when I placed an order with my friend Brandon of Eagle Talon Traders, I asked him if he had a spool of inch and a half twill tape that I could buy and assumed I would get something similar.
Why, yes! He sure did have a spool of inch and a half twill tape! A big ol' two fister spool of twill tape! This thing is huge and weighs a lot!
In reality, spool sizes vary for a variety of needs as well as for the width of the tape you are buying.
That's one HUGE spool... I guess 50 yards!
ReplyDeleteMy second guess is 72 yards. I researched! But even this is only a guess,... you're going to have to sew a lot to use that all up.
ReplyDelete60 yrds
ReplyDelete300 yards...going BIG!
ReplyDelete100 yards! And congrats to JC squared!
ReplyDeleteI'm going to say 300 yds is also a possibility.
ReplyDelete