Friday, April 25, 2025

Moving On to the Next Thing!

The virtual seminar is all sorted, clipped, and has notes to accompany it. It's been sent to Mountain Mama Jessica and she will begin putting it all together into one cohesive video today. 

I love teaching, I love sewing, and I love models. Creating a virtual seminar hits all three of those loves. But doing one is a lot of work and I am tired.

Of course, there are always things that you find that make you laugh. Not only did Nashie make his way around the baby gate we'd put at the bottom of the stairs and interrupt filming, but another visitor photo bombed us.

As I was previewing the film clips, a sudden streak across the window in one video caught my eye. I rewound the clip and a bird had flown across the yard outside the window! 


It was small, but very distracting. It's been removed. (Unlike the time that Craig strolled across the yard with the dogs in tow to do their business that was caught on camera. I didn't catch that until I was watching the finished video at BreyerFest!)

My next step is to watch the draft that Jessica sends back to me, make any requests for changes (if needed), watch it a final time (including for what is going on outside the window, LOL) and then send the completed video on to Breyer.

Now I move on to my next project - finishing preparations for Indy Blooms. The swap meet is this afternoon, but I won't be there. 


I went last year and had good sales, but I wasn't using a walker then. Hauling in and hauling out Friday night, then repeating that for the show next day, plus a long day of showing... I don't think I am up to that this year. 

I went through my downstairs china cabinet yesterday and pulled out some pieces I am considering taking to the show. 


My real love is collectibility, and this year the show doesn't have collectibility classes as it has in the past. (There are a few decorator classes at the end of each division, but there is much more to collectibility than just the decorators.) And, I am less and less inclined to bring my really valuable or old chinas - the risk of breakage is just too high.


So, between no collectibility classes and those pesky lifting restrictions I am still under, my show string is small. Some tried and true plastics and (less valuable) chinas, a couple decorators, and that's all.

But I'm okay with that. I've been showing for years and the best part for me is seeing my hobby friends and making new ones. Plus, Leslie is going with me and we will get some sister time as I show.

It's going to be a great day.



No comments:

Post a Comment