It's been a while, but it's time for a mish mosh post - little things that I'd like to include in my journal but which don't make for a full blog post. So, they get combined into one post as a mish mosh!
Between Torlinie and Ella, I've mentioned soccer several times this month. Ian, Mila, and Lukie are all on teams again this spring, with Ian playing on a traveling team down by Indianapolis, and then Mila and Ian on teams coached by Curt.
Guess who scored a hat trick in his last game? (A hat trick in soccer is three goals in one game.)
Lukie! And then Mila scored a goal in her game later in the day. Congratulations, you two!
It took us some time to convince Tammo that, while he was staying with us, it was okay to sleep on the bed and the couch. Not any more!
Now, it is not uncommon to go looking for him and discover this.
That sixth grade boi makes us smile all the time.
Lisa invites him over occasionally to spend the night with Nash. She has a doggie door and a fenced in back yard, and those boys run in and out of the house, playing hard for HOURS.
Tammo has spied Craig and me walking up to Lisa's door.
Of course, he has called an alert and now the pack is milling at the door in excitement. (Not that we will be able to get in without some effort!)
I took a quick snap of Lisa's "wall o'dogs" in her office. Gifts from us, an artist friend painted them from pictures I sent her.
Top to bottom: Millie, Nashie, and Mama.
Some of my students have chosen to stay in touch after leaving my classroom. This gal, Ryan, is one of them.
She texted me a few weeks ago, said she was going to be in Indy with her folks, and asked if Craig and I could meet her and her parents for dinner. Of course, I said yes!
I was her 4th and 5th grade teacher and she was one of those kids you are delighted to have walk through your doors every day. (I also taught two of her brothers and a sister.) Lucky me to have gotten two years with Ryan, and how fun it was to see her again (taller than me!), hear what she's been doing, and what her future plans are.
These gaudy buttons have been sitting on my desk for weeks. I'd ordered a bunch of buttons to make sleeve buttons, and someone goofed at the warehouse.
These are enormous and not even remotely 18th century!
Still, they made me laugh and the company told me to keep them. (And then sent the buttons I'd actually ordered.) Leslie thought they were pretty funny, too, and we made a lot of jokes about them and how I could use them in my 18th century sewing. After all that, now I am trying to come up with a trick to play on her with them sleeve-button wise. Stay 'tooned on that.
I've gotta scoot - Ian has a soccer game at 8:15 this morning and Mila's game is at 11:00. (Lukie's was last night.)
It's also Ian's birthday today so the plan is to give him our gift after the game, but it's raining and the games may be cancelled. We may need to make alternate plans for that.
Stay 'tooned!



No comments:
Post a Comment