It's the last day of school for thousands of kids in the area. For me, it was always a bittersweet day - I was so, so tired and ready for a break, but I knew I'd miss my students terribly, too.
One of my favorite traditions always happened on the last day of school - the teachers and staff gathered outside the building and waved goodbye to the kids as the buses rolled away for the very last time of the year.
Here's a video from the year that Lisa and I were both teaching in the same school. She's standing next to me and we are chatting together as we wave goodbye to the kids.
Isn't that a neat way to end the school year? I almost want to run out to my school this afternoon and join the teachers in waving goodbye!
Cambria, another of the quads, participated in her 5th grade graduation out in Utah.
At first I thought she was wearing some Hawaiian leis. Her other grandmother is from Hawaii and leis are a tradition at events like this. But looking closer, those garlands are made from candy!
Congratulations, Cambria! I'm so proud of you! xoxy
Pepper made her last visit of the school year to Lisa's classroom last week.






I love the idea of the teachers waving goodbye to their students. That sounds like a wonderful tradition and I'm sure the students look back and remember it fondly. I know I would have, had it been something my school did (so many, many years ago).
ReplyDeleteawe the last day of school before summer break I love those memories
ReplyDeletePepper has such a sweet face!
ReplyDelete