Craig took a picture of all of us before we began. Left to right are Allison Pareis, Pat Reed, me, Yvonne Rott, Jamie Rott, Steff Bodamer, Michelle Evans, and Liz Cory.
It may have been just a small fun show but the competition was every bit as stiff as what you would find at a NAN qualifying show!
These two Indian Ponies in their original presentation boxes are incredible!
But the focus of the show was fun, and we had plenty of that. Especially chatting and laughing!
I think having two rings was a good idea - I could judge a class while another was being loaded in the other ring.
I borrowed Craig's office chair because it has wheels and I could sit down as I judged. (Judging the first class, Foals, here while Pat Reed looks on.)
Yvonne Rott helps out at every Great Lakes Congress, but this was her first live show as a competitor.
She was absolutely thrilled when her honey bay no-muscle Clydesdale won the Clydesdale class! (And the rest of us were thrilled right along with her.)Yvonne's black dapple Beligan went on to win the Belgian/Shire class, too!
Here's a look at the showers and what they brought to show.
Pat Reed from Beech Grove, Indiana and I have been friends since the early 1990s. She put on IndyCon for twenty-six years!
Michelle Evans, another friend of nearly thirty years. She lives in Indianapolis.
Jamie Rott puts on six to eight Great Lakes Congress shows every year and is from Byron, Illinois. Jamie lives close to Nancy Falzone, and she and her mama, Yvonne, check in with Nancy frequently.
Yvonne Rott hails from Spring Green, Wisconsin. She brought me some YUMMY fresh Wisconsin cheese!
Steff Bodamer is another Wisconsinite and drove down from Kenosha for the show. She had the most beautiful chalky Fighting Stallion I have ever seen!
Allison Pareis is a fellow Hoosier and came over from Muncie. She adores chalkies and brought a bunch for us to see.
Longtime hobbyist and former JAH editor, Liz Isham Cory, is from Huntley, Illinois. She heads up Great Lakes Congress, and puts all those shown on with Jamie.
We took a mid-morning break and I gave out a tongue in cheek pop quiz of Breyer trivia.
I took almost all the questions from Nancy Young's 1997 book, and the questions ranged from easy to challenging.
The winner was Jamie!
The show resumed after our little break and we went until lunch time before stopping again.
Red velvet, chocolate, and white cupcakes with buttercream frosting for dessert.Next up? Pictures from the classes.


No comments:
Post a Comment