While sorting through my hobby closet and the Star Trek and Star Wars collections, I came across something that I had been looking for.
Tek Lab by William Shatner, a book that was a gift from a horsey (both real and model) friend.
I read the book years ago (it was published in 1991), and it wasn't quite to my taste, but it isn't going anywhere. Sue had Shatner autograph it for me.
William Shatner is a horseman, and he is the real deal. He rides and he drives; he knows his stuff. (He's even been to BreyerFest.) Sue had world-class Quarter Horses that she competed on the AQHA circuit, and she kept them at the same barn where Bill kept his Saddlebreds in the 1990s. Sue, Bill, and his wife Nerine became good friends as a result of their horse connection and frequently socialized together.
So, when Bill's second book in the Tek (gotta love that play on words with "Trek" there) series came out, she felt comfortable asking him to autograph a copy for me.
He was nice enough to comply, and I still get excited when I open the cover and see that autograph. Er, because of his horsey connections, certainly NOT because he was Captain Kirk in Star Trek. Yeah, I get excited because he is a well known horseman.
Cough cough.


No comments:
Post a Comment