As always, I was looking for horse shaped objects...
... while she searches for old Christmas ornaments...
... and red transferware.
Which is very difficult to find - we found blue (the most common color), green, and even purple and black, but red is highly popular right now and we have come up empty our past two antique outings.
I found very little this time myself, although there were a few horsey items, including this clock (which is very common.)And I found that the Lefton pitcher I inherited from my grandmother was part of a complete tea set (priced at $190 and not including the salt and pepper shakers or the saucer!)
I only made one personal purchase during our thirteen-shop mega jaunt, and ironically it was at the very first place we visited.
I found this lovely spatter dapple Old Timer for only $5!
He has no hat, but is otherwise in excellent condition.
And the pinking on this piece is stunning! He has a USA mark so he was made post 1970.
I have no regrets on spending an entire day antique shopping with Lisa. Despite my only finding one Breyer, and she only finding four Christmas ornaments and no red transferware, we had fun, and discovered some new places to shop.

No comments:
Post a Comment