And like me, Lisa likes to go antiquing. She shops for glassware while I shop for horsey things. Yesterday she invited me to go with her to some shops that are about an hour away and thus not ones we visit too frequently. We made a day of it, stopping by four shops, having lunch together, and gabbing as we drove through rural Indiana.
The trip proved fruitful for me! (Sadly, not so much for her.)
I found two books from the Timber Trail Riders series (I now have the complete set; it is one I read in my childhood.)And two books that I may use as prizes for next year's Happy Trails show.
A 1946 copy of Strawberry Roan, a book I have heard of but never read.
A beautifully shaded alabaster Old Timer with lovely pinking on its ears and nose.
One blinker is missing as is its hat, but I talked the dealer down from $30 to $20, so I feel I got a good deal.
A QH Yearling with the USA marking.
And a 1978 Collectors Manual. (I used to be that girl, staring at my models and dreaming of horses!)
I spent hours poring over these manuals and circling the pieces I most wanted.
They were tucked into every Breyer box until a few years ago.Probably a cost cutting measure to quit making them, but I miss having that little catalog to look at!
I had one more find, and it has proven to be more than I expected when I first spied it and decided to buy it. It's getting its own blog entry!
No comments:
Post a Comment