Saturday, March 13, 2021

Lafayette - Names

There are some really good guesses about what I planned to name my new Lafayette model, but first let me correct a mistake I made on a name in my last post.

The woman on the left with Nancy Falzone and Yvonne Rott is NOT Marilou Mol, it's Brenda Metcalf. I know Brenda and why I put Marilou's name to her face is a mystery. Apologies to Brenda, and thank you to Sande Schneider for emailing me and letting me know I'd goofed. 

Now, on to naming Lafayette. I got some really good suggestions: Drama Llama, Stretch and Shine, Lafayette Delight, Lafayette's Christmas Star, Christmas Star, The Pounds Just Melt Away, Licorice, Dark Chocolate, Pekoe, Blackberry, Zarzamora, and Sloe. None of those are correct.

Christmas Star, ELauer's guess, was so close to the winning name. When I unwrapped Lafayette and saw that beautiful star on his face, I almost chose that name over the one I'd had in mind since he was first announced by Breyer. (ELauer, you will be getting a surprise in the mail for coming so close. Please email me your address at horsiemama8@gmail.com.)



For me, my Lafayette's name was a "had to be" name. It's West after my hometown of West Lafayette.

Side Note: Interested in pronouncing Lafayette the way locals and native Hoosiers across the state do? We don't say "La-fay-ETTE" or La-FAY-ette. We say, "La-fee-YET."




2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, how sweet of you!! I'm absolutely tickled and can't wipe the grin off my face. Big thank you {{huggs}}.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome! If that model had been named anything else but Lafayette by Breyer, I would've named him Christmas Star. :)

    ReplyDelete