Saturday, August 21, 2021

BreyerFest: Ansel Arrives and He is LONG

My BreyerFest items continue to trickle in. I got a shipping notice for WC Marc of Charm and I haven't yet completed the trade of my Tissili for the Seven Arts surprise yet, but when those two transactions happen, I'll be done.


My friend Nancy Kelly sold me her extra Ansel - I'm not in the Premiere Club so I hadn't seen this piece in hand until Marilou's show. What I saw there made me glad I'd bought Nancy's extra!

Ansel confirms a trend that I have been seeing - Breyer is producing longer models. Maybe I notice it because I sew haversacks and these need a special fit, or maybe it's because my shelves are Ikea billy shelves and the longer models have to be placed at an angle. 

A casual scroll through Identify Your Breyer showed eleven plus molds that have been introduced since 2010 and are in these longer poses.

I've been thinking about it for a while, but receiving Ansel helped me make the final decision - I am going to be offering a new sized haversack in Horsiemama's Haversacks & Mercantile that will accommodate these longer pieces.


I'm still experimenting a bit, but I think I'm almost there. It's wider by a few inches and shorter.


Of course, right now I'm in the middle of sewing those riding habits, but when I need a break from them (it took me an hour just to gather the waist of the second habit yesterday), working on a haversack is a good choice.

(Somehow I think I may be taking more than a few "breaks" to work on this new size!)




1 comment:

  1. Someday I shall go into the rabbithole of speculating why the horses are getting bigger -- I think it's an increase in feminine and minority awarenesses and support -- but today is not that day.

    ReplyDelete