Yesterday I got a big box from Breyer. Unlike some of the boxes people have received, mine was in great shape and had no dings or dents in it.
Nosey Nash was very interested in what I was unwrapping.
Prisma, which was missing from my first order, was inside. I don't care for the Sherman Morgan mold, but I do like Breyer's crystal horses and think the mold looks nice in crystal.
The Pech Merle I received is the buckskin variation on John Henry. While I liked both the bay and the buckskin Appaloosa, I was hoping for the latter and am really pleased with this piece.
He has an odd marking - did the painter paint in a forelock or is that just the way the blaze was masked? Regardless, it makes me smile.
I got the Barb version of Tissili. The mane, tail, and ears vary from the original Marwari mold. (This one is for a friend. I am getting one of her Surprise Horses in exchange.)
I got Pal's Palette, the plushie, to give to one of the Pony Pals for Christmas.
My Favrile is lovely, but he has a major flaw. Can you see it?
A piece of masking is on the side of his head and under the gloss. I carefully tried to peel it off but soon realized that I would then have a big white spot in its place.
Nope, I still don't collect Stablemates but I sure do like the Lippizaner mold by Kelly Sealey.
The other pieces in the set will be given to Pony Pals or as prizes and donations at live shows.
The last model in the box was Apollo del Solis, and he is beautiful!
So, what's still missing? The Saddlebred, WGC Marc of Charm. He's out of stock on Breyer's web site, so I may have to wait a while.
The Surprise Horse I will be getting is in the color I really wanted - matte bay max sabino. And, I also have an Ansel on the way from another friend. (Photo retrieved from Breyer's web site.)
More BreyerFest goodies to look forward to!
Stay 'tooned!
No comments:
Post a Comment