Monday, August 30, 2021

Florida Fam: Twins Reunited!

In April of 2012, I was trailering Abby from Indiana Horse Rescue to her new home when I got a call from Beach Son Kyle. "Ashley's in labor - the baby will be born today!" Corinne (Cory) arrived a few hours later, and we have called Abby her "twin horse" ever since. (When Cory was just learning to talk, she pronounced it, "tin hoss." How I miss that sweet phrase!)


The twins together in September, 2017 when Kyle's family came and sheltered with us as Hurricane Irma bulls-eyed their town, St. Augustine.


Abby and Corinne reunited again this month. Cory no longer needs me to lift her up in order to pet her twin.


Trying to not giggle as Abby reaches through the bars of the gate, asking for some more peppermints.


We thanked Hokey with some peppermints and apple slices for being such a gentleman while the kids rode, but we also made sure everyone else got a nibble, too.

Next up? A scare at the barn. Stay 'tooned!



No comments:

Post a Comment