Saturday, August 14, 2021

Midwest Model Mania: On the Road

Packing for a show takes me several days. Planning for a show takes even longer - choosing which horses to bring  is difficult and it takes me at least a week to get everything figured out.


For Midwest Model Mania I decided to bring a smaller amount of horses than usual since I also was bringing the Mercantile. The class list is an excellent one, with both halter as well as collectibility classes. I focused mostly on the collectibility classes, although I entered some halter classes, too.


After thinking long and hard, I decided to bring my recent find, Honora. (Yes, I know the pad is off the edge of the table.)


Pepper kept me company while I packed - she was a little gloomy because she knew I was planning on going somewhere. (Craig will be home with her and Teacher Daughter Lisa plans to bring Nash and Molly over to keep her company, too.)


Usually the only Breyer porcelain I take to shows is the Icelandic Pony, but Mountain Mama Jessica told me that he is her favorite of my collection and (echoing Pony Pal Mila's infamous "Can I have this when you're dead?") asked if she could have it "some day." I don't want to risk breaking it, so home it stays.


The Mercantile boxes are already in the trunk;


 all that's left to do is to carry these tubs downstairs and put them in the car (in the back seat - I like to keep my models out of the heat or cold so they always travel inside the car with me.)

Wish me luck!




2 comments: