No one ever wants to receive a text like the one I received from Tim on his last day out of town.
My heart dropped when I read the text.
Since Kyle and his family were heading home, we'd gone down to Indy with them as they wanted to see the temple where Craig and I serve once a week. I was an hour away and not able to run out to the barn to check on things!
His family also wanted to celebrate my birthday by singing to me. (I love little Melissa's voice chiming in with her family's voices!)
I texted Tim back and got some more information - neighbors, bless them, had seen people walking around the property that they did not recognize so they had called Tim to let him know. Clearly, though, there was nothing I could do until I got home. I knew Tim would call the sheriff if he felt the situation needed it, but I was still anxious to get home.
I zipped out to the barn as soon as were were back in West Lafayette. All seemed normal, although I walked through the new barn to check for missing items as well as looked at the horses and counted noses.
I also took a photo of a truck parked at one of the homes on the property (there are two homes; an old house with the old barn and a new house with the new barn) but I suspect that that belonged to a visiting family member. Still, I made sure I got a photo of the license plate.
So, who did the neighbors see? My guess is that the folks renting the blue barn had friends come out and help them move their horses to the south paddock. The horses were not there the previous afternoon when I did a barn check, so I suspect they had been moved that morning.
All is well, and I'll say it again, bless those neighbors who saw something unusual and reported it!


No comments:
Post a Comment