Yesterday Breyer dropped a notice that their fourth annual November Stablemate gambler's choice/blind bags would be available today at 2:00 PM EST to Collectors Club members.
The very first Stablemate holiday web special came in 2018, the Fruitcake Fillies. (I love that name!) They were cute, but like the 2019 Starry Skies, I did not like these enough to order any of them.
This year it's a favorite vintage mold that's been shrunk down to Stablemate size - I'm going to be happy no matter which colors I get!
Today's recipe is a legacy from my mother. I don't know where she got it, but it's another holiday staple since my childhood. This candy hardens quickly so move fast after you've added the nuts and vanilla.
Spiced Nuts
Mix 1 cup sugar, 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, 1/4 cup evaporated milk, and 2 tablespoons of water in a saucepan. Bring to a boil and stir constantly until it reaches soft ball stage.
Quickly stir in 1/2 cup pecans and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla. Drop by spoonfuls onto waxed paper and let cool. (Parchment might work - I've never tried it, though.)
If you or your family are like me and mine, spiced nuts won't last long around your house so I double the recipe.




This recipe really sounds like a cross between classic handmade fudge and pecan pralines. I'm gonna have to try it, Thanks!
ReplyDeleteYou're welcome! Be careful - it's hard to stop eating them...
ReplyDelete