Horsiemama's Mercantile is closed for this month so that I can stitch up holiday gifts for my family. Here is a peek at two horsey designs I've been working on.
Before I embroider a design, I always make a test piece. I want to get a feel of how the design comes together, and even more importantly, how the colors work with each other. This takes a little time, but is always worth it in the end.
Isn't this Clydesdale design neat? I didn't like the mailbag's side in the taupe that was called for, so I changed it and stitched it to a lighter color.
Does that design remind anyone else of the Hagen Renaker miniature Clydesdale like it does me?
I flipped the photo horizontally so the horses were facing the same way. (Photo from Google Images.)
That design was a success; then there's this one which is still in need of tweaking.
The sled is gorgeous, but the horse is in need of work. I even went back to the design directions and stitched it out a second time to check and be sure I was using the recommended colors. I was, and the design really does call for pine-green shading on the horse. That's got to be changed!
I hope to wrap up the project for the grands who will be here on Thanksgiving in a day or two. When I do, I will share that with you later this week. Stay 'tooned!
Today's recipe is an Isenbarger family staple for the holidays. And not only does it taste good, it is EASY. (No candy thermometer or "beat until glossy" needed.) Originally from the back of a Kraft Marshmallow Creme jar, I've been making this fudge since the 1990s.
Easy Chocolate Fudge
Put 3/4 cup butter or margarine, 3 cups sugar, and 2/3 cups milk* in a saucepan and bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Reduce heat to medium. Keep stirring and let boil 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
Gradually stir in one package of chocolate chips and stir until melted. Add one 7 oz jar of marshmallow creme and a teaspoon of vanilla. (1 cup of chopped nuts, too, if desired.) Mix well.
Pour into greased 13x9 pan and cool.
Important Note: Be sure to lick the spoon and spatula before washing them to get every bit of fudgy goodness!
* Original recipe calls for evaporated milk. Regular milk works just fine.


No comments:
Post a Comment