Wow! The Breyer Christmas Clydesdales sold out in under ten minutes!
And as you might imagine, there are some unhappy collectors. Unsold pieces were to be offered to all, not just Collectors Club members, this afternoon at 2:00 EST, so those folks, plus the Collectors Club members who didn't get one before they sold out, are feeling frustrated.
Some have expressed surprise that a "shrunken down vintage mold" proved to be so popular. I can't speak for everyone, but for me, when I see my old favorites, favorites who have been with me since childhood, in a tinier version, I fall in love and head to PayPal.
That love of the mini vintage models was enough to make me spring for a case of blind bag Stablemates last year. Along with a woodgrain Clydesdale,
there was a glossy charcoal Fighting Stallion being offered,
To my surprise, the first package I opened contained her. (I could not believe my luck!)
There is a HUGE market for Stablemates that are the tiny version of vintage molds. So when Breyer offered a limited amount of vintage mold Stablemate models, models that are in decorator colors, it is no wonder they sold out almost immediately.
I think we will see more mini versions of vintage molds going forward. And I can't wait.





No comments:
Post a Comment