Thursday, November 4, 2021

Gingerbread - the Pony & a Recipe!

Before Breyer announced their 2021 LE Christmas Pony anywhere on social media, they added it to their sales items on their web site. A friend who was online saw it and, knowing I love (and yes, collect) model horse blankets, sent me a heads up.

I ordered it right away and it arrived just a few days later. 


Gingerbread came in a pretty gift box designed to look like a Christmas present.


Inside, was a more traditional Breyer box with Gingerbread held in place with plastic covered wire as usual.


His blanket mimics a Christmas sweater and has Christmas trees, snowflakes, and ponies on it.
 

I am very fond of the Bouncer mold. My father's name was Jack, but because of our orchard, people called him Apple Jack. (I like the cereal, too, haha!)


 So, when Breyer came out with Apple Jack on the Bouncer mold, I bought one and fell in love with the mold.

I also happen to really like gingerbread - not the hard, break your teeth cookies, but the soft, real gingerBREAD which is actually a cake. 

Here's my favorite recipe for gingerbread:

Sour Cream Gingerbread

Beat together 2 eggs, 1/2 cup sour cream, 1/2 cup molasses, 1/2 cup brown sugar.

Sift together 1 & 1/2 cups cake or pastry flour (I use all purpose), 1 teaspoon baking soda, 1 teaspoon ginger, and 1/4 teaspoon salt. (I omit the salt.) Stir into the beaten eggs mixture.

Add 1/2 cup melted butter or margarine. Beat well and pour into 9" greased pan and bake at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes.

I like this served warm with a dollop of whipped cream on top.

Enjoy!


2 comments: