Monday, November 1, 2021

So, Which Horse did I Buy?

 A few days ago, I showed this photo of a sales table at the Great Lakes Congress show and offered a prize to the person who could guess the horse I'd bought. While there were good guesses, no one gave the right answer. 


Maybe it's because I'd already shown a photo of the same model being shown that no one thought that I'd purchase another model just like that one.


But I did (and for the record, I never intended the guessing game to be a trick question.)


I bought the matte Slainte Surprise version of the model; I already had the glossy.


The differences between the two caught my eye right away. It's hard to see in these photos, but the matte model's leopard spots are a lighter brown than the glossy one's.


And, the matte one has more prominent pinking than the glossy.


I love the Giselle mold, and Appaloosas are my favorite breed of horses, so combining those with the differences between the two and I decided to buy the one on the sales table.


To some, it may appear that I just bought a duplicate, but I can see the differences and am really happy to have both the glossy and matte versions of the BreyerFest Appaloosa Slainte Surprise.

Coming tomorrow? A look at my blingy models. Stay 'tooned!





2 comments:

  1. Ahhhh! I completely missed this one and it was even next to the Pech Merle I referenced. I love this mold/color and I can see why you wanted both the glossy and the matte. Congratulations on your find!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I should have guessed, --- and used the simple expedient of which horse *I* wanted!!

    ReplyDelete