Wednesday, April 13, 2022

Abby's Eye

(I'm still down the drainboard rabbit hole doing research, and posts about what I find are still a day or two in the future.)

So, who did I choose for the "Lynn as a horse"?

This cute guy! And thank you for all the kind and heartwarming comments many of you made in emails to me or via the comments section. Ya'll made my day.

This is one of my favorite photos of Abby.


I call it the "Egyptian Eye" photo because it looks as though her eye is lined with kohl.


That pretty eye looks like this right now. She's had conjunctivitis and Tim and I have both been treating it with an antibiotic ointment.

Tim sent me this text yesterday and my heart stopped when I read that second sentence.


Oh, gosh, I hope my girl is not going blind. I checked that eye yesterday afternoon when I medicated it and I wasn't thinking and put the ointment in her eye before looking for that cloudiness. I'll have to look again later today.

If she is, it will be sad but she can still live a happy life without her eyesight.


Leslie had a blind from birth gelding, Skippy, and even rode him around her farm. (That's Teacher Daughter Lisa with him.)


Leslie and Skippy

Abby has been at Tim's for ten years and knows the place well, so if she does go blind, one or both eyes, she will be okay.

I know I am making a TREMENDOUS leap from cloudy eye to total blindness. But I love her and am worried.






4 comments:

  1. No one blames you for being worried, I would be too. You have my prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hunh-that's not what I would have pictured you as a horse--but you *are* FUN!!
    Oh No! Poor Abby!! I would say DON'T panic-and get your veterinarian in ASAP to look at it! Maybe it will clear up with antibiotics? (Like TIM, am not a vet--but we want to hope/believe and *pray* for the *best*, right?
    Will definitely be thinking of you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor Abby. Hopefully, it won't come to it, but I've known several horses who have done just fine after losing an eye.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don’t blame you either, horses are such troublesome horses when it comes to their health

    ReplyDelete