Friday, December 9, 2022

All is Well

I'm back and I'm better! Thanks for all the well wishes - they meant a lot. I slept yesterday morning away and was still woozy and wobbly after I woke up, but I was able to get some things done in the afternoon.

"Nash, I may be a bit out of it as I open boxes and sort Christmas gifts, but I see you over there eyeing the Chewy box that is just out of camera range!" (Sharp eyed readers will notice that roll of unicorn wrapping paper. Yep - for the Pony Pals!)


Teacher Daughter Lisa brings Molly and Nash over for the day on Thursdays and Fridays. While they have a doggie door at home and can go in and out at will, this gives them a change of scenery and a chance to be with people they love and to play with Pepper.


Pepper enjoys having them come over, although she does make sure that they know we are HER people. (Pepper getting festive with her PEPPERmint collar. LOL)

All three dogs are good company; even more so when you are having a quiet day and recovering. And Nashie is probably the funniest dog any of us have ever seen. It's totally done in innocence; he is just a big goof. 


A rescue, he's been with Lisa for almost two years. And for whatever reason from his past, he is very partial to men. That means that, if Craig leaves the house without him, Nashie waits intently for him to return.


Or he finds a place where he can watch him work outside.  Yesterday Craig hung our outdoor lights, so Nash jumped up on the bed (near that Chewy box...) and kept an eye on him. (And I kept an eye on Nash and the Chewy box as I sorted presents.)


And when Craig FINALLY comes in (oh, the wait is so very long!) Nashie goes into great  transports of joy that they are finally reunited after such a long separation. 


And then he goes to sleep because all is right in his world again.

And you know what? Nash is right.


Christmas Card of the Day.


Rather fitting, isn't it?




5 comments:

  1. Whew! Glad all is well.
    Please try to take it easy for the next few days, if you can.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Puppies and bright pretty lights. Yes, Nash, you have good ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you're feeling better! 😅 Migraine have to really suck Nash is absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow..glad you're all better! That must have been really scary! Happy holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I’m so glad that you’re OK. That had to be a very scary experience. Spending that much time in an emergency room is exhausting, never mind the medical problems themselves. Hopefully that doesn’t happen again.
    Teagan

    ReplyDelete