Tuesday, November 14, 2023

A Sewing & Embroidery Blitz

Putting my embroidery and sewing machines catty-corner to each other has really worked well, and I have gotten a surprising amount of sewing completed as a result. I just swivel back and forth between the machines and boy howdy, do I get things done!


I'm sewing for three different purposes: Christmas gifts, haversacks and pony pads for Horsiemama's Mercantile, and 18th century clothing for Jolis Chevaux. (I'm preparing for the Kalamazoo Living History show in March.)


I've got hooks on every door for hanging things and several tables to stack finished items on. The haversacks on that table are all orders going to the Great Lakes Congress show in December. (Why mail them when you can save your customers postage and hand deliver them?)


The bags for the ornaments I've been embroidering are sorted and stacked by family. I want to have these finished before my family begins arriving and I am close to that goal.


I just finished an 18th century  Voyageur shirt and pocket for a custom order from a Feast friend.


The finished pocket. Look closely at the two light blue bands and you will see evidence of hand block printing. Those vertical black lines are the end of the block that was used to print the colors. 


Some tea towels that I embroidered for friends. (The one on the right was an experiment to see if small check prints would work with the design I was using.)


I haven't made pony pads for a while so I cut out and finished five of them. The fabric clips are holding the flap closure which I sew shut by hand.

Here are the completed pads with some chinas on them to show how big they are.




Red Bridles & Bits


Mini Circus Horses in Turquoise


Black Diamonds


 Blue Cowgirl Boots

I have also made 35+ haversacks since I reconfigured the sewing room. Here are some I haven't shown you yet.


Red Barn Christmas (Traditional)

 
Vintage Sicilian Horses & Carts (Traditional)


Foxy Foxes (Traditional)


Matryoshka Dolls (Trad Foal/Classic)


Rearing Circus Horses (Extra Long Traditional)

Meanwhile, we are still getting the house ready for Thanksgiving. Challenges continue.


Like a water heater that has sprung several leaks,


but we've had it looked at and are waiting on a new one.

The carpets are getting cleaned today and then Craig and I are heading to Indy to do some volunteering, so I won't get much sewing done today, if any. But that's okay - Wednesday I will be back at work preparing for the holidays.

Tick! Tick! Tick! Tick!







1 comment:

  1. I really like that Rearing Circus Horses fabric! Very nice! But Oh No about the water heater! Just what you Don't need during a family visit... Hoping that professional help will solve it, Best wishes!

    ReplyDelete