Saturday, November 4, 2023

Sewing, Two Machines at a Time!

I mentioned that I was working on Christmas ornaments for my family. I'm using my embroidery machine for them and got ten done yesterday so I am making good progress. Since family members read my blog I can't post pictures, but I will after they open them Thanksgiving Day.

I've rearranged my sewing tables so that I can use both machines at once. As a result, I also have gotten a lot of haversacks sewn. (I sold half my inventory at the GLC show and am trying to replenish my stock.) Here is a peek at what I've stitched up this week.

For Shelf Eaters


My NaMoPaiMo donation fabric from a few years ago.


I had a remnant left and it made a nice haversack.


Rainbow Star Wars.


Betty Boop. Not my usual choice in fabric, but her horse was too cute to pass up!


Rosettes. This fabric would be nice to make into awards for champions and reserves at a show.


Christmas Pokemon? Fabric a friend gave me so I'm not sure, but I do really like all the bright colors.

For Traditionals


A Halloweenish fabric. This one sold five minutes after I posted it on the Horsiemama Mercantile page.


A haversack sized for Traditional foals as well as Classics.


I have a soft spot for primitive (and chubby) horse depictions!

 
Pink Ponies & Donuts. (I made two of these.)


Rainbow Star Wars again.

Holly & Berries Horses

For Classics/Traditional Foals


Cupcakes


Orange Fighting Stallions


Traditional foal to show scale of print and size of haversack.


Western Pleasure Horses


Candy Corn Unicorns


Cream Girls Playing Model Horses

Stablemates

I just finished six Stablemate haversacks late yesterday afternoon and have not taken sales photos yet, 


but here they are, still on the ironing board.


And here is today's stack to make, all prepped and waiting next to the sewing machine. 

New fabrics are scheduled to be delivered today. Since I don't sew on Sundays, I'll wait until Monday to start cutting them into haversacks. Can't wait to open that package - it's a lot like getting a box from Breyer!






1 comment:

  1. I love seeing all your different varieties of haversack fabric but the first one, the multicolored paint splatters, is a favorite!

    ReplyDelete