This past Friday our team was in a playoff game against a team that was undefeated. We did not expect to win but of course, we were still there in the stands. (I wasn't; I had last minute pancreas issues despite having taken my meds and had to stay home.)
As a bonus, Cowpoke Ian came along to cheer the team, and of course, Teacher Daughter Lisa, a HUGE football fan, was there, too.
I received texts throughout the evening and things were pretty bleak. I finally texted Craig that I was going to bed and was sorry his team was losing.
Well.... I'll let these videos that Lisa sent tell the story. If you only watch one, watch the last one. (Although the second one makes me laugh, too.)
Nerves are frayed - if we lose, our season is over but we have an unexpected opportunity to tie the game with 1:34 left.
We tied it up!! Going to overtime!
Tension in overtime. Biting our nails.
Not excited, are you Lis?
Well done, West Side! We will see you again here at Straley Field next Friday night.
No comments:
Post a Comment