It's over.
Thanksgiving Day has come and gone, our kids have all headed back to their own homes and lives, and it's just Craig, me, and Pepper in the house again. Oh, and leftovers. Lots of leftovers. (We always cook way too much!)
It's so quiet.
No one is popping in on me to chat as I write, no sounds are coming from downstairs as folks fix themselves breakfast, and the showers are all open and available. All I can hear is Pepper snoring softly as she snoozes at my feet.
Part of me is enjoying catching up on sleep and returning to routine. I am looking forward to getting back to my sewing and embroidery machines and continuing to work on Christmas gifts later today. Heading out to the barn to see Abby and the herd. Running some errands that have been put off so I could be with family.
But another part of me is feeling old and wondering where the time has gone. How did my babies grow up so soon? When did they get old enough to become parents themselves?
All of us together on Jessica and Andrew's wedding day, 2012.
This picture hangs over my dresser in my bedroom.
I miss them and I love them so much.
Goodbye, kids, and thanks for taking time out of your busy lives to come home for Thanksgiving.
Godspeed. XOXOX Mom (XOXY for you, Jessica! LOL)




Beautiful family, beautiful post. Sniffle. You "done good", Lynn and Craig!
ReplyDeleteYou *definitely * have a *beautiful * family Lynn! Thank you for sharing part of your personal life with us ❤️!!
ReplyDeleteI have loved reading your Thanksgiving posts! My family isn't as large - only 5 of us - but the time we spend together is always cherished. - Nancy K
ReplyDelete