I am getting so much Thanksgiving prep done, it's crazy. Especially when you consider what I have let distract me from doing it.
Taking apart my embroidery machine to clean and oil it didn't need to be done right away, but I did it anyway.
Repotting all my house plants
both inside and out
Craig was in a similar mood and he hung our holiday lights while the weather was still reasonably warm to do so.
but I finished two haversacks
and embroidered a lace kitty Christmas ornament to donate and mailed them off.
When it came to actually getting Thanksgiving prep done, I finished all the embroidered ornaments for the family
and got them all into festive holiday bags along with a piece of candy.
I have those stashed in a basket all ready to go. I think I will ask a couple of the grands to help me hand them out after dinner on Thursday.
Craig didn't just put up lights and do Fall yard cleanup, he also did a favor for Jessica.
When our family gathers, our kids all take turns cooking dinner, and Jessica and Andrew arrive Saturday and will cook dinner Sunday. Jessica is a MASTER when it comes to organizing, so she ordered her groceries ahead of time and Craig picked them up for her yesterday afternoon.
Luckily only a couple of things needed to go in the fridge because I REALLY need to clean it out and wipe down the insides before we fill it in preparation for Thanksgiving dinner. That's on today's docket.
Oh, and I followed up with Cole about his Dalmatian horse. His response warmed my heart.
I'm sending her off with her blanket so a little part of me goes with her.
Back to today's plans, not only will I be cleaning the fridge, but Nash and Molly are coming over to spend the day with us.
Because I cannot resist doggie kisses or nose boops in the backside when they think I should pay attention to them,
they are a huge distraction, but one I don't mind. I'm good at working while they trot after me from room to room, so that fridge will get cleaned, the laundry will be done, and the guest rooms vacuumed and straightened up.
Thanksgiving is getting close and I can hardly wait.



It always warms my heart to see Molly so relaxed
ReplyDeleteI too have had a crazy-productive week. It must be the approach of the holidays,... or something...! Glad for you!
ReplyDelete