Thursday, April 25, 2024

Model Horse Busy x Three

Today I have a lot going on and I am feeling the stress. It's Model Horse Busy x three around here at the moment.

Model Horse Busy #1


Yesterday's mock set up for Indy Blooms went better than I expected - it looks like I will have some room on the table for a few sales models. Of course, those need to be sorted out, priced, and packed. 

The haversacks are ready to go into the car - I will put these in the back seat as is rather than putting them back in their tubs. This will save me time when I set up tomorrow afternoon.


Model Horse Busy #2

The show is held on Liz Larose's site, Pony Bytes, and the training and support given to show staff, stewards and judges is outstanding. Stewards have training on the formatting of entries so we can help those who are entering ensure that their models not only get into the right class, but that a formatting error does not prevent the judge from seeing their entry.



Most of my Breyer Boot Camp prep has been completed but today I want to review the suggestions and tips for helping these novice showers have a positive and fun experience as they learn how to show their model horses.


Model Horse Busy #3

Tick! Tick! Tick! Tick!  That's the sound in my head every time I think about Midwest Mini Mayhem. Prep for that has taken a bit of a back seat for me because I have been so busy with the swap meet and Breyer Boot Camp. 

But, prep has been happening.


I have been pulling out models that I plan to bring and am loosely grouping them by customs, resins, plastic, chinas, and pets/other animals on the shelf behind my desk.


Almost all my mini collections are in my sewing room and I gathered up the plastics, customs, and resins first.


I can transport them from room to room like this, but I would NEVER do this with my chinas!


Those tiny chinas are so fragile, so it takes much longer to move them into the horse room for tagging and packing.


Slowly but surely they are being added to the shelf.

I was doing okay stress-wise on preparing for this show until a question was asked on their Facebook page about tagging models. As I now understand it, the directions for tags is different from how mine are already tagged. That means I am going to have to retag them all. 


Good thing I buy my tags by the box, one thousand at a time!

Today will be busy - Nash and Molly are spending the day with us. A dear friend from Illinois is passing through town and Craig and I will meet be meeting her for a lunch. I plan to finish loading my car for tomorrow's swap meet, do that Boot Camp stewarding review, and then, if any time is left, start tagging my minis.

Model Horse Busy, but Model Horse Good, too!

 


No comments:

Post a Comment