Making headlines in our area right now is a plane crash that happened in a farm field. Sad news. Scary, too - when I heard that the plane went down just off of County Road 600, I felt chills go down my spine.
The barn is located on 600.
Just how close to it did the plane go down? Were the horses okay? And the people who lived around them?
It was pretty close. The barn is located where the red square is.
This isn't the first time something has happened out near the barn on 600 - two tornados (I saw one of them), a house fire, and now this plane crash. Every time my heart leaps and I scramble to find out more information, hoping against hope that the horses are okay. And so far, they have been, thank goodness.
Unfortunately the pilot did not survive and the process of identifying him or her is in progress. My heart and prayers are with the family.
On a happier note, Mountain Mama Jessica sent me a short video of Pony Pal Cambria filming her solo.
She went into the studio and recorded it at the end of February; now they are making the video for the song.
Cambria has been singing in all the videos where Cowpoke Titan has soloed, but this time the composer invited her to sing one. Needless to say, she was thrilled to be asked.
I can't share the video Jessie sent me, but when the final product has been published, I'll post a link here on the blog.
Much of the day Saturday was spent getting ready for the Indy Blooms Swap Meet on April 26. I'd been sewing haversacks all week, and as I looked at the remnants from those, it occurred to me - why not sort those into piles, bag them up, and then sell them alongside my haversacks at the swap meet?
What better place to do that than a swap meet?
I was wrapping that project up and putting those bags of fabrics with my other Indy Blooms things, when I got a message from Shannon Rodgers. Shannon is my liaison with Midwest Mini Mayhem (and a dear friend) and she had sent me a photo of the show drape I had made for the show.
It had arrived at her home and she and her sweetie (whose name escapes me; sorry, Shannon!) were working on making the frame, base, and some decorations for it. I can't wait to see the finished product at the show!
Tomorrow I will post some photos of the haversacks I've completed this week. Stay 'tooned!





What a fantastic idea to use up remnants!
ReplyDeleteThanks! We recycle many, many things in our community but fabric is not included in that. I hate to see the remnants go into landfills so I try to find ways to pass them on. :)
DeleteHere in Southern California, one of our biggest threats is wildfire. Our horses’ stable is on the edge of a residential area, and on the other side is a park and a lot of open land. Several times we’ve had our hearts in our throats when there was a fire down there. we actually had to evacuate one time… But that was because of flooding! Anyway, I know how you feel when your beloved equines are in the path of danger and you can’t get there fast enough.
ReplyDeleteThose little bags of fabric scraps – perfect for making Christmas tree ornaments!
If you want some, email me - you can have a bag for postage!
Delete