Siblings Day was this past week, and my social media feed began filling up with pictures that my kids posted of themselves together. It made me a bit teary, but it was also interesting to see which photos they selected to share.
Here are some of them. (I'm grabbing the tissue box as I get started.)
Urbana, Illinois, 1991. Kyle, Sarah, Curt (doesn't he look like Lukie?), Jessica (holding a box turtle), and Lisa with Cole in her lap. They had found that turtle wandering our back yard and after keeping him for a few days in an outdoor enclosure, we drove out to a woods and released him.
1991, Urbana, Illinois. The whale! A community treasure in Urbana, the whale resided in the mall for several years. Because kids kept climbing on it and then falling off onto the hard terrazzo floors and getting hurt, it was moved to Crystal Lake Pool a few blocks from the mall. Lots of rubber mats were placed around it so the kids could climb it and not get (too) hurt if they slipped off. Lisa, Cole, Kyle, Curt (looking like Lukie again), and Jessica. (Sarah was at another activity.)
2008, Purdue Memorial Union, West Lafayette, Indiana. A family photo session ("Everybody wear grey and teal!") gone crazy. Cole, Curt, Lisa, Jessica, Sarah, and Kyle.
During the eclipse, Pony Pal Susie was caught on film imitating her Uncle Curt's pose - her parents, aunts, and uncles thought this photo was hilarious. (So did her Boompa and Grammy!)
June, 2018, West Lafayette, Indiana. My retirement celebration. Everyone came home to celebrate with me. Curt, Lisa, Kyle, Craig, me, Jessica, Cole, and Sarah.
Is it any wonder that sometimes I really miss the days when I was a stay at home mom and had all my children around?
Truly I am blessed. And, I need more tissues.










I feel I know them much better now... Love the dance poses! My first boyfriend's last name was Kyle. Kyle, Curt, Cole, Craig. You do go for single-syllable percussive-K names for males. No Keith, Ken or Carl?
ReplyDeleteNope! Although Craig's father was named Carl! Note the girls all end with a or ah, too. Believe it or not, we never named anyone deliberately to fit into patterns like that. It was unintended. (Lisa was going to be Noelle since she was due Christmas Day, but when she was born, there was no question for us - she was Lisa!)
Delete