Friday was quite a day! It started the same way this entire week has begun.
Pony Pals coming into my office while I write and chattering away as they look through my collection.
They joined the girls in picking out some model horses that they'd like to have "when the time comes" (although Ian thought that that meant he was taking his home that afternoon. Nope! Not yet, sweetie!)
My BreyerFest attendance was spotty all day. Lisa and her dogs came over as did Vanessa and her kids, but they went to Camp Tecumseh with their cousins. (Julie was sick and could not go to camp.) Poor kid! We chatted, we had lunch, we played board games, we were busy together all day.
I did get some screen shots of my virtual workshop. How it looked online in the workshops line up,
what participants would see when they clicked on mine,
and the list of supplies I drew up and sent to Breyer last May. (I am wondering why Breyer added the word "clothing" to "iron." Aside from the element iron/FE, which makes no sense in a sewing context, what else would I have meant? Am I missing something?)Me ready to watch my own workshop and participate in Virtual BreyerFest.
The Mystery Surprise Horse was truly a surprise to many hobbyists - Emerson! A stallion mold converted to a mare for the first time, apparently he/she is the first standing model to be used for the Mystery Surprise Horse. I don't have any Emersons in my collection as I don't care for the mold, so I am glad that I did not get one.
I haven't had time to go through all the comments for the July Give Away yet, but I do remember that at least one person guessed correctly. I'll try to get that done soon and announce the winner and the Mystery Surprise Blog Horse, too. Stay 'tooned!
I was able to get back on the computer late in the day and watch Athenian Lady's performance. It was hard to watch when Athenian Lady's owner took off her bridle and walked around the arena with Athena following her around. Abby did that - she tagged along with me all over the place when I was at the barn. Watching Athenian Lady do the same reminded me so much of the loss of my girl, I had to stop watching. It just made me hurt inside so much.
I felt a little better this morning when I came up to my office to write. I found this by my keyboard.
Tender hearted Mila, who was totally unaware that I'd been upset. She'd been drawing and left me a note.
My heart melted when I opened it. (Love those flower letters and love you, too, Mila!)
Today is going to be another day filled with things to do, several of which will pull me away from Virtual BreyerFest:
~ Emily and the girls are heading home to Tennessee this morning.
~ Ian has a soccer game at 11:00.
~ A friend is scheduled to appear with Kimber Goodwin on BreyerFest's Live Broadcast and I'd really like to watch her.
~ A bridal shower for Jayci (JC's fiance) is being Zoomed this afternoon for those of us who can't travel to Las Vegas for it. Hawkeye Sarah, mother of the groom, has virtual games (with prizes!) for those who can't be there.
~ I'd really like to watch the Breyer Auction at 5:00.
~ I'd like to continue Craig's and my tradition of going to Bob Evans for dinner during Virtual BreyerFest.
~ I did not get to see the evening show out at the horse park Friday night and I'd really like to watch it this evening.
So many things I'd like to do but I just won't be able to accomplish them all. But I will prioritize and get it figured out.
Enjoy Saturday's BreyerFest activities!






Thanks for posting the picture of all the Live Auction models.
ReplyDeleteThe drawing from Mila is so sweet. Things to cherish!
ReplyDeleteJust a tiny note. While it might be the first time for a standing model, it is not the first time that Emerson has been used as a mare. Winx--the TB mare was the 1st one.
ReplyDeleteAm enjoying Breyerfest (to a degree) Can't wait to watch your workshop video!!