Compared to the week we'd just had, Sunday was a very quiet day.
Andrea Gurdon, Kelsey Kramer, Steff Bodamer, Jamie Rott, Liz Cory, and me (standing) at dinner after an Indy Blooms show.
Craig slipped his arm around my shoulder and kept it there during the service as the tears just would not stop. I went home with a migraine that didn't abate until the evening.
I put the envelope on the memory table I've set up for Abby but I just can't bring myself to open it. It's like if I do, then she's well and truly gone. And even though I know that she is, I just can't open that envelope. Not yet.
Later that day I got a text from Tim. He didn't mention my tears, but I could tell that he was aware that the envelope had made me cry. He said some really kind things, and then my heart lifted when I read this:
Please know that the place over there is yours as well as mine. Come over any time and, like me, you will feel better by just being near horses. Of course, bring your kiddos as well. You are always welcome. Keep your tack there too if you like. No hurry to move it at all. With sincere condolences, Tim.
Best barn owner ever.
BreyerFest is over and the mass exodus from Kentucky has begun. Life is returning to normal for most of us and like everyone else, I have things to do. Stripping the sheets off the beds in the guest bedrooms is on the docket, washing them and a huge load or two of towels, tidying up the guest bedrooms and bathrooms, setting the sewing room back up, and more. It's going to be a busy day.
I also will get thank you messages out to those who have sent condolences and other things ASAP. I count myself fortunate to have so many people who cared about her and about me.
And I will be announcing the Mystery Surprise Blog Horse (this may become an annual tradition) and its winner ASAP. One person guessed correctly, but I want to go through the comments and make sure no one else did. And, I plan to spin to win for everyone who entered - I have something else to give away. So, if you didn't guess Emerson/Winx, you still may win something.
A busy day today, but getting back to normal is refreshing.
Stay 'tooned!



Bless you for making Andrea's cake; such a wonderful way of honoring her memory! Part of my mind kept waiting to see her in KY & I had a few misty moments (verklempt, as Andrea would say!).
ReplyDeleteOh, Lynn. No wonder it's hard to open that envelope. In time, you will be able to incorporate some of the hair into a keepsake so you will always have a part of her nearby. And in time, that will help. I'm glad you have it.
ReplyDeleteBetsy in WI