Friday, July 5, 2024

Mila's Card, Hokey's Healing, & Thank You

Second Post of the Day

This blog is also my journal and I have some things I want to remember, so this entry may seem a bit disjointed. 


Mila's Card

I have to share the sweet card that Pony Pal Mila made me. Curt said it took her a long time to make and I can see why.


I love all the color! Bright colors always make me smile. I am still wondering about the blue tee shirts, if they are indeed tee shirts. Maybe they represent flying angels? I didn't want to ask Mila but maybe I will ask Curt if he knows. And those flowers down at the bottom! Truly that girl was trying to cheer me up.


Inside was a note, a drawing, and an admonition to look on the back of the card. I asked Mila to read her card out loud because I just could not at that time in my grief.


Dear Grammy,

It must be a hard time for you right now but I hope you can get past it esly. (easily) I bet Abby watching over you right now. I bet she misses you so much! (heart) You were so nice to Abby and Tow Socks!

Love,

Mila and Tow Socks and Abby!

The picture is actually a picture within a picture. Abby and Two Socks have drawn a picture of the three of us and are holding it up together and saying, "We miss you!" "So Much!"

Oh, how I love how Mila spelled Two Socks' name! And the faith that she has that we do see our pets again. 

(Something that made me laugh shortly after Abby passed was an idea that popped into my own mind along much the same lines. Amy and Abby were together in heaven and arguing with each other. "I'm Lynn's favorite!" "No you're not! I'm her favorite!" back and forth. Ladies, I love you BOTH so very much!)

Anyway, I followed Mila's instruction to look on the back.


Hundreds of hugs from a Minion? You bet - I'm all in! Mila, I treasure this card and will keep it in a special memory box I am making for Abby.


Hokey is Healing

In a big stride forward, Hokey came out of the barn and joined me at the gate last night. He waffled for a few minutes in the door of the old barn after I arrived, then suddenly decided he'd do it.


Hoke ambled over to the gate and enjoyed some peppermints and then what he loves almost more than treats - a good neck scritching.


A photo of Lisa doing just that in 2017. Look at the contentment on his face! (Yes, that's Abby's backside in the background.)


Looks like he is channeling Abby just for me - I have so many photos of her with her tongue hanging out!

The fact that he came voluntarily out of the old barn spoke volumes about his healing. I could also tell from looking at his coat that he'd spent some time in the rain earlier in the day and after that, had a nice little roll in the pasture.

All good signs that  Hokey is adjusting and doing better.


Thanks, Everyone

I, too, am healing. I am doing far more laughing about Abby's memories than I am crying about her passing. (Catching that her backside was in that photo was one of those times I laughed.)

Thank you so much for the many expressions of sympathy and love that you have sent, whether it was in the comments here on the blog, a personal message, a card... all of it. That, too, has helped my healing.

I guess I did not realize how much Abby, Two Socks, and the rest of the herd were loved by so many of you, and as a result, that you have shared quite personally in mourning for my sweet girl. Like me, you knew her well, and I find comfort in the fact that she touched so many of your lives just by being a peppermint loving, Pied Piper following, sweet little rescue mare.

She would be happy if she knew how much you loved her. And no doubt she would love you right back.

Heartfelt thanks, folks. I'm glad you were here with me as I journaled her life as well as during this rough time as I mourn her loss.

Much love,
Lynn







3 comments:

  1. I'm so glad that Hokey seems to be doing a bit better.
    And reading your card from Mila just made my heart melt...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have no words, just wet eyes and virtual hugs. 💕

    ReplyDelete
  3. She'll be enjoying heavenly treats (& licking the gates) until she can be with you again! 💛

    ReplyDelete