Every day my sister Leslie sends my siblings and me a family photo first thing in the morning. She's in the process of digitalizing all our family's photos - a huge task since our dad's hobby was photography. We have thousands of photos that stretch across 70 years. (He even had a dark room and developed his own photos.)
She's also scanning in her own personal photos and after Abby died, began sending me pictures of Amy, pictures I had never seen before.
Abby
Amy
The two girls juxtaposed. Twinsies!
An older Amy with a lot of white on her face.
My very first picture of Abby. When I took this one, we'd just spied Abby out in the pasture at Indiana Horse Rescue. Leslie was shaking my arm and saying excitedly, "She's the exact image of Amy! You have to get her! You have to!"
It was that similarity between the two that made me even consider getting a horse again. And I am so glad that I did - Abby and I had twelve wonderful years together.
My mother holding Amy's lead rope while I wrangle Lisa, Kyle, Sarah, and Jessica for a photo. I am about seven moths pregnant with Curt in this photo from 1985.
Leslie leading our niece Holly around on Amy for a ride. The other horse with the same distinctive high white sock as his mama, is Rusty, Amy's foal.
Amy and me hitting the trail. I don't know when this photo was taken, but I'd guess it was around 1980.
Nick, Amy, Flame and me visiting at the fence. (Don't worry; I used that wheelbarrow only to haul hay down to them and for nothing else. LOL). This photo is from about 1974.
I got Amy in 1970 and was her forever home. She passed away of old age in 1991 at age 26.
Sadly, my time with Abby was much shorter (2012 - 2024.) But although the years together were short in comparison, the twelve years I had with Abby were every bit as wonderful as those with Amy.
Both mares were a horsey girl's dream.
Lucky, lucky me.










Both were meant to be a part of your life 💕
ReplyDeleteI very much hope that Sultanna has a filly next spring. With a heart shaped star.
ReplyDeleteBetsy in WI