Since I now have admitted that I am a Stablemate collector, naturally I had to take a chance at the April Fool's Blind Bags. And since there was an Indian Pony as one of the four pieces, I decided to increase my chances of getting one by buying four of them. Surely I'd get one of her, right?
And then people began posting photos of what they'd received - four of the Giorgio (the drafter.) Oh, no! The next report I saw was a hobbyist who had gotten three of the Smart Chic Olenas, the one piece I really did not want.
After the holiday fiasco where I received seven blankets, all the same, as did other collectors, would this be a repeat experience?
My anticipation rose but my spirits drooped. I really only wanted the Indian Pony, although the Arabian Mare and Giorgio would be okay. (As long as I didn't get multiples of them.)
Luck was with me this time!
TWO Indian Ponies and no Smart Chic Olena!
The Arabian Mare isn't bad,
and I really like Giorgio's color, more than I thought I would.
And the Indian Ponies! I love them so much.
The first one I opened had big cornflake spots and light shading at her knees and hocks.
The second one had smaller spots and darker leg markings.
Variations are one of my favorite things about collecting
and to get two of my favorite Stablemate mold, both variations, made me really happy.
All four pieces are staying with me and the Arabian and Giorgio are already on the shelves. The palomino Indian Ponies are decorating my sewing table at the moment - I just enjoy looking at them so much, I can't put them away!
Don't forget the April Give Away! Guess how many yards of twill tape are on my mammoth spool.
Whoever is closest to the right amount without going over will win my extra 75th Anniversary Brilliance Gift Set. (Breyer never replied when I told them they'd sent me an extra set, so I am passing it on to someone else.)
It's actually quite nice and when I first saw it, I was glad I'd begun collecting Stablemates.
To guess the yardage and enter, comment on any blog post posted Friday, Saturday, or Sunday until 11:59 PM EDT Sunday night.
If we have a tie, I'll spin to win.
Good luck!
Congratulations in getting two of your favorites in the blind bag ponies! Thumbs up to variations!
ReplyDeleteSince I have no idea of how much twill tape would be on a spool, I'll take another guess... 45 yards.
That’s a perfect set of blind bags! I’m going to guess 50 yards in the spool…
ReplyDelete200 yards. Congrats on the blind bags!
ReplyDelete60 yards
ReplyDelete