Third Post of the Day
Even though I'd brought a bedgown to wear as back up, I did not need it.
I was able to get the Caraco on and off by myself and then wear it without worrying that I might pop open and have a modesty moment. So, I wore it the second day of the show, switching out my petticoat, fichu, and jewelry. (That's the Ouiatenon cross I am wearing.)
The Martin sisters, day two, and ready to go!
I pulled the next six photos from social media. They were taken by Becky Waterman.
There are three entrance points to the Expo Center, but still, the lines were long.
My booth, and as I look closely at it, I'm selling some maple cakes to a customer. Those sold steadily throughout both days of the event and often in multiples.
Another vendor's display of maple cakes - they have been laid out individually in layers on wax paper.
My booth again, the tabletop rack, and the infamous bum roll/"gorget." LOL
Sunday was my big day for clothing sales and the empty clothes hangers began piling up.
My friend Linda and her husband Chris always come from Nebraska. He's a tinsmith (the gifter of Lukie's service and hard work star) and she makes braided rugs. Their booth is in South Expo, but she took a couple of minutes to come over to say hello.
She's one of those people that you wish lived closer so you could go out for lunch and gab every so often.
I did have one wardrobe issue, but it wasn't a modesty moment.
A metal busk that I used to bone the Caraco wore a small hole in its casing and began slipping out. I'd slide it back in only to find it poking out again a little later. Finally I just pulled it completely out and set it aside. I will put it back into the casing and repair that hole before I put the Caraco away in the closet.
Since packing and loading up at the end of the event is such a scramble, I did not get any more pictures. Staff members came to help Rick, Les, and me load (grateful!) but because one of them had had an emergency call from home, I did not get to sort and pack. Things were thrown into boxes and lugged to the trailer as fast as we could so they could get home.
Today's plan is to sort through it all, finish inventorying the clothing, and then check to see what supplies need to be re-ordered for The Feast of the Hunters' Moon. (Bags for maple cakes are on the top of that list.)
Tammo has loved having the tubs moved from under the windows and has made the most of the view. He can see his play buddy Salem's home and watch kids playing. Aside from a bathroom window on the main floor, it's the only window on that side of the house.
I'm going to do my best to keep that spot open for Tammo to enjoy. (Wish me luck on that. Hah!)
Stay 'tooned!
It’s nice to see such support and recognition of an event like this. It takes so much in skill, time and research but yet here are all these people coming together to celebrate history.
ReplyDeleteI love seeing all your event photos. It looks so much like so much fun! And side note, I enjoy seeing photos of your work room too… so I can see all your models! Or at least some of them. You have a great collection!
ReplyDeleteKZoo is your BreyerFest!! What fun to have something like this to look forward to. It hits all the right buttons: history, sewing, teaching, community, artisanry etc. P.S. You know your dogs are spoiled, right? Lucky critters.
ReplyDelete