Let's talk babies!!
Continuing the other day's conversation about Breyer Traditional Foals and which mold has been used the most, today we look at the Classic (Freedom) Foals.
But first there is one more Traditional "youngster" to mention: the Saddlebred Weanling.
I debated with myself for some time - should I include the Saddlebred Weanling with the list of Traditional Foals? I could see the logic in both including and excluding her, and in the end, chose to leave her off that list and simply call her an Outlier.
The Outlier (21)
Had she been included, she would have been #6 and placed between the Family Arabian Foal (23)/Clydesdale Foal (23) tie and Amber (20).
So, here is the line-up of Classics in order of the different iterations produced.
1. Classic Arabian Foal (34)
Absolutely not a surprise. This is a beautiful piece that was sculpted by Maureen Love and Breyer has been producing it since 1973. It is a lovely, lovely mold and I think it would be one of the top Classic foals regardless of its production longevity.
2. Andalusian Foal (31)
This piece is an oddity that I found in 2020. It is difficult to see in photographs, but it has an unusual shimmer to it. Is it a pearly? Chalky plastic? Something else? The jury is still out.
3. American Quarter Horse Foal (30)
4. Mustang Foal (29)
Another Maureen Love mold. She truly had a gift.
5. Morgan Foal (25)
6. Trotting Stock Horse Foal (23)
This is one of those "I can tell who sculpted that one" pieces for me. Kathleen Moody's style is so distinctive.
7. TIE Quarter Horse Foal (21)
7. TIE Warmblood Foal (21)
8. Mesteno the Foal (19)
9. Haflinger Foal (17)
10. Playful Arabian Foal (1)
I took a peek at the Stablemate Foals andI think I have time to go through and do a little research on them. I'm not sure when that will be published, but it will happen.
Stay 'tooned!
My favorite classic foals and the Arabian, QH and Morgan
ReplyDelete