Wednesday, January 3, 2018

Barn Drive By

Yesterday afternoon when the temperature rose to -3, I ran some errands and did a drive by visual check of Abby.
Sure enough, the lane was covered in heavy snow, so there was no way I was going to be able to drive back to see her. (That's the old barn's roof you can see in the middle right.) I could just barely make out some horses on the left side of the old barn standing at the hayrack and eating.
I turned around and came back the other way. This time I did a close up with my phone. I could see horses at the hayrack on the right side of the barn, too. But Abby was not among them. I needed a closer look at the other hay rack.
There she was! With Diablo, naturally. Abby popped her head up and looked at my car, then resumed eating. (Good thing there was no traffic on the road so I could stop and take photos!)

I don't know when I will be able to get down the lane to see her. Temperatures are to remain low, dipping below zero through Friday. Sunday and Monday we have snow and a possible ice storm forecast, so it likely won't be until after that.

Sigh. I just want to wrap my arms around that fuzzy neck, hear a soft nicker or two, and hand out some peppermints. Perhaps I should have asked Santa for a truck with 4 wheel drive!

No comments:

Post a Comment