Monday, January 29, 2018

Gentleness in Spite of Fears

Despite her terror at times, and the fear that can well up in her and make her bolt, Molly has NEVER, EVER growled, snapped, bitten, or acted aggressively toward any of us. Which is why I do not worry when Mila, who is quite enamored of Molly, crawls over and lays down with her on the big pillow.
 Molly is very gentle, and she lays quietly and allows Mila to touch and pat her.
 Mila talks to her (and sometimes brings over the doggy toys)...
...and they get comfortable together. Molly sometimes goes to sleep and never tries to get away from Mila or acts like she wants to be alone.

She has made tremendous progress in the two months we have had her, and still has a long way to go, but I am all the more protective of her because she does not act on those fears and threaten Mila or anyone else.

There is a very sweet personality in this girl, and we are seeing glimmers. I look forward to seeing more.

No comments:

Post a Comment