With my winter break coming to an end very soon, and the mercury creeping up to 7 degrees, I hopped in my car yesterday and went to one of my favorite shops.
There were lots of HSOs to be found.
Especially if you are a collector of clankies.
(What is this supposed to be??)
There were lots and lots of metal horses.
I was a bit tempted by this clock - it was only $15. I may go back and get it.
There were ceramic bookends.
Real tack.
Lots of cowboy boots.
And this way cool jockey lawn ornament (if I still had my own barn, it would've come home with me!)
There was artwork to hang on your walls.
Which wasn't too tempting.
Stuffed ponies and My Little Ponies really don't tempt me, either, although sometimes I look for gifts for my grandchildren.
This big stuffed horse was interesting, but again, not what I was looking for.
And then there were some of what I was looking for.
I am pretty sure this is a Hartland, but I would need to look it up to be sure. But I don't collect brewerania and so I left it there for someone who does.A nice Marx Thunderbolt! But I already have him (with saddle) and so he was left behind.
And an old Grand Champion. I have one of these, a leftover that belonged to one of my children.
Melissa and Doug is a quality company and there were several sets of these for sale, but I collect mostly traditional scale (unless it is Hartland or HagenRenaker finds.)
This poor Western Horse sans tack was $20.
It was interesting because it was a bloaty and a shrinky. Something had sure happened to it! I wasn't willing to pay that much so I left it behind.There was also a Wahoo King who had a lot of rubs, but I do not collect this mold.
I ended up coming home empty handed, but that's collecting for you. Sometimes you find so many things you cannot buy them all, other days you do not. But I will be back in another month or so to try my luck again.
No comments:
Post a Comment