Brrrr!!
Just look at that wind chill!
Thank goodness for Tim, the barn owner, who goes out daily and checks the horses while he feeds them. At times like now or others when I can't get out, I can always text him and see how Abby is doing.
Yesterday I was wondering if maybe I needed to get a blanket out to her. I have done research on them and don't use them, but still I was wondering if maybe in this extreme cold I should reconsider. So, I texted Tim.
I knew from his response that she was not standing around shivering and shaking. And, there are three barns on the property, two of which she and the herd can go in and out of at will for shelter. The water in the trough is heated and not icy; the hay racks are kept full and are also accessible at all times. She will be fine.
I am hoping for a break in the weather this week so that I can go see her as I am off from school, but it does not look like that will happen. And, we are expecting a pretty major storm this coming Sunday and Monday, so it may be a long wait before I can give Abbs her candy canes and carrots!

No comments:
Post a Comment