Sunday, January 28, 2018

Ulysses is Here!

I have never been a fan of Chris Hess' Legionario III mold.

Until now. Wow!
 The first offering of the 2018 Vintage Club, Ulysses, is stunning!
These photos taken with my phone do not do him justice. He is much darker than he appears, a true black like Breyer's old blackest charcoals, and his gloss is heavy and even.
 I love that one of his ears is black and speckled with just a hint of pink poking out.
I thought his belly decal was blotched until I looked closely at it. If you look carefully, you can see the Andalusian silhouette outlined on the left.

I was disappointed when the 2018 Vintage Club offerings were announced. (And even considered dropping out, even though I have been a member since the beginning.) I like the Grazing Mare and Foal, the San Domingo is okay, and I'll just tuck the free Stablemate on the shelf. (I'm not much of a Stablemate collector.) But please tell me how on earth Weather Girl is vintage? Even dressed up in vintage colors? (I'll likely be selling mine.) 

Well, if the others are as nice as Ulysses, I will be very happy and glad that I remained in the club. I may even change my mind, like I did with him, and keep my Weather Girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment