My brother has been in the hospital for the past few days and so my time after school has been spent there instead of at the barn or doing model horse related things. So, today I am posting some pictures of the MIJs I pulled out when I cleaned the hobby closet.
My very first pieces in my "play collection" (1963 to when I found out about Ellen Hitchin's club, IMPHSA in 1970) were Japan chinas. They were played with and very, very loved. Here are a few of my favorites.
Black Diamond, a Lefton Saddlebred. He was in pieces and I had him professionally restored about ten years ago. One of my favorites.
Bobol, a gift in sixth grade from my friends Bobbie Sue and Carol (his name is a combination of theirs.) Unknown make.
Counterpoint, a Little Bit sized Lefton and named for a horse in a childhood favorite book, Scarlet Royal.
Mollasus, a traditional sized Rossini piece. She has a special place in my heart and for years was the "mother" of my woodgrain running foal, Needles. (One of my first Breyers and a gift from my dad when I got braces.)
Old Maude, my sister's drafter and her favorite china, a Brinns/Inarco piece. This is actually a duplicate I found and bought, but I do have the original Old Maude, too!
When I stopped by to see my brother last night, he was no longer in critical condition, had been moved out of the ICU and into a regular room, and had had the ventilator and other tubes removed. I think it will be just a few more days and then he will be moved to a care facility for a while and our lives will return to a more normal routine.
Which means I will have time for Abby visits and hobby puttering. Stay tuned!




No comments:
Post a Comment