I don't check out eBay as frequently as some collectors do, but every now and then I do searches for models that I would like to have. Last weekend I found my most wanted Breyer of all - the Semi-Rearing Mustang in woodgrain.
Recently he has been going for much more money than I can justify. But this one was at $230 with 22 bids and was still within the limits of what I was willing to pay. So, I put in a bid, not really expecting to win since this is a highly sought after model and already had many people bidding to buy it. To my surprise and delight, though, I won the auction! (Photos from eBay listing.)
Diablo, Woodgrain Semi-Rearing Mustang, #985, 1963-1966.
He has some tiny rubs, but is in wonderful condition. I am thrilled as I fully expected to be outbid at the last moment.
Breyer's vintage molds such as this mold, the 5 Gaiter, and the Indian Pony are my favorites, but I also like other vintage molds including the Grazing Mare, Grazing Foal, Running Mare, Running Foal, Western Prancer, and the Stretch Morgan. Now that I've found that "one" model I have wanted for years, I am not sure what is next on my list to look for. Hmmm... maybe the Stretch Morgan in woodgrain? Or a 5 Gaiter in a decorator color?
I'll think some more about it, but in the meantime, I am going to enjoy having found my most wanted model.


No comments:
Post a Comment