Sunday, June 21, 2020

Hay and Heat

The temperatures have been in the 90s for several days with no respite in sight. 
That means that when the hayfield behind the nursery paddock was cut, the hay dried quickly in that hot sun.
They are going to rake and bale it tomorrow.
 We haven't had rain for weeks, but the pastures are still thriving. This is the southwest pasture.
My favorite wildflower, fleabane, is in full bloom right now. I've picked this flower since I was a little girl and used to put the stems in mason jars on the kitchen table. (Actually, I still do.)
Like the pastures, Abby and her friends are thriving despite the oppressive heat. There is plenty to eat, fresh water, and shady spots when the hot sun is too much.

It is definitely high summer in Indiana, and life is good!





No comments:

Post a Comment