Tuesday, June 9, 2020

Pony Party Prep

Not only am I hustling around preparing for my surgery, I am also prepping for the live show/pony party I hold in my home for my friends every year. Way back in January, I began working on this year's Happy Trails show,  and with it being my 50th anniversary in the hobby, I had a bunch of extra things planned to celebrate that milestone. 

Enter the pandemic and I had to cancel the live show. I still wanted to do something to celebrate, so I set up a free photo show and invited the people who usually come to participate in that instead. 
Like always, Happy Trails is free. I've got swag and some other surprises for those who enter, including a pony pouch. Tucked inside that will be their ribbons and swag.

Since my surgery is coming up soon, I am trying to work ahead and get as much done as I can. Today I put swag into the bags and checked to be sure the ribbons were sorted and ready. I've gotten everything done that I can; now I just have to judge the show, write up the results, sort out awards, and mail everything off.

Sounds simple, right? Well, my surgery is now scheduled before the photo show date, and I know from experience that post op I move pretty slowly for a few weeks. But I will get it done, and judging will be a nice, quiet activity while I recuperate.





No comments:

Post a Comment